Digging In The Tapes # 3: Katch Wreck (1992)



Ahhh 1992, definitely still one of my all time fave years and I made many tapes that year and I remember giving away a lot and making tapes for friends and that year I was doing the Wednesday Night Jam on Radio Active 89 FM playing out a lot (clubs, house parties etc) and I think I was also part of a loose (as in units lol) collective of top blokes and DJ's known as Ebony Beats, from memory it was myself, Pop Up, Apollo, Roddy (Don Luchito) and Jason Guy-Clement (Rainman)... also fat shouts to Amanda, G Tahu, Reane M, Joff, Mikki-D, Zoe, Chris, Liz, Kelly J, Tigs, Geordie and Apollo, M King, Dean, Cuffs, Hamiora, Simon, Adam and the old crew from Cuba Cuba, Ghrys and the many others I used to roll with back in those days, you know who you are ;)

I was working in a record store that year too and got that store it's first Rap section, which I was quite proud of and I got a lot of music that year (tons of promos, free albums etc), there was so much dope stuff out that year and I think this compilation from an old tape from 1992 is an indication of that, you will notice that I was a huge Hit Squad and DITC and fanatic and of everyone else on this tape.



An amusing story from this year was when I was recording an ad for a Trespass movie competition and I wanted to keep the recording and the only tape that was around was my Showbiz and AG-Soul Clap EP, so I recorded on that and the look on Jason's face said it all, I do remember saying ahhh I will get another copy it comes into the store on vinyl soon.


Anyway, I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed compiling it and having some crazy good memories from all of the tracks...more compilations to come...

If you want some more 1992 dopeness, then please check these links kids.

http://coldrockdaspot.blogspot.com/2007/02/as-promisedback-to-1992.html http://coldrockdaspot.blogspot.com/2007/03/back-to-1992-volume-2.html

enjoy...

Katch Wreck (1992)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7b4o615u5m9esjx
1-X-Clan-Cosmic Ark (Produced by X-Clan) 2-Das EFX-They Want EFX
(Produced by Solid Scheme)
3-Ultramagentic MC's-Funk Radio
(Produced by by Kool Keith, Moe Love & TR Love)
4-A Tribe Called Quest ft L.O.N.S. & Kid Hood-Scenario (Remix) (Produced by A Tribe Called Quest)
5-EPMD-Scratch Bring It Back Pt 2 (Mic Doc) (Produced by DJ Scratch)
6-Eric B & Rakim-Rest Assured (Produced by Eric B & Rakim)
7-Gang Starr-Soliloquy Of Chaos (Produced by DJ Premier)
8-Da Lench Mob-Who Ya Gonna Shot With That (Produced by Ice Cube)
9-Lord Finesse-Set It Off Troop (Produced by Showbiz)
10-Showbiz & AG-Soul Clap (Off Beat Mix)
(Produced by Showbiz)
11-Pete Rock & CL Smooth-Soul Brother # 1 (Produced by Pete Rock)
12-The Future Sound-The Function (Produced by The Future Sound)
13-Chubb Rock-Some O Next Shit (Produced by Chubb Rock) (and Yes that is a U2 sample ;)
14-Redman-Rated R (Produced by Erick Sermon and Redman)
15-Zhigge-Toss It Up (Produced by Salaam Remi)

3 comments:

Repo said...

Mate, just looking at the tracklist and I'm drooling. 1992 was certainly a good year.
Just downloading now, cheers!

- Ben

Unknown said...

Ben, thanks a lot for that, I really appreciate it, oh yes my friend 1992 was one of the illest years in Hip Hop ever.

enjoy.

PAS said...

Yes, 1992 was a great year for hiphop. Great recap Jaz! All killer no filler tape!;)

Update

Peace The JMS blog is officially closed and I won't be returning to it, it definitely had a good 11 years or so run but it just s...