Jaz presents The 45 King-A Kings Creation Vol-1:UPDATE



 









Peace all, the response to my DJ Mark The 45 King post has been so dope and you all know I appreciate your feedback and comments especially from my fellow bloggers like Travis from Wake Up Your Daughter and Dart from Poisonous Paragraphs, we are family Gods.


The infamous, the Notorious R.O.B. (uhhhhhhh...unkut.com....uhhhhhh) has posted up his interview with DJ Mark The 45 King,plus a few mp3 goodies.

http://www.unkut.com/2007/07/dj-mark-the-45-king-the-unkut-interview

I say we should declare July as 45 King month. :D

Also, the response to this compilation and the posts has been outstanding, thanks so much to all of you.
DJ Mark The 45 King was always one of my favourites, and as promised here is the first compilation of the great man's beats.

There is no doubt that you would have heard some or all of these before, but it doesn't matter, this is more for the young kids that want to know about Hip Hop's
rich past and might not have heard of the legend, the one and only DJ Mark The 45 King. .


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw1hsGaEEDo


The 45 King on little turntables catching wreck...lol at some of the comments.

Jaz presents The 45 King-A Kings Creation Vol-1


1. chill rob g - chillin (1988)
2. queen latifah - wrath of my madness (1988)
3. grandmaster caz - a girl named kim (45 king remix)
4. mc lyte - kamikaze (1991)
5. latee - brainstorm (1987)
6. lord alibaski - top gun (1990)
7. markey fresh-the king is here-(extended version) (1988)
8. 45 king ft lakim shabazz-the red, the black, the green(1989)
9. gangstarr - knowledge (1989)
10. 45 king ft- kid capri-put the funk out (2001)
11. the original flavor unit (double j, queen latifah, apache, lord alibaski-) flavor unit assassination squad (dj mark the 45 king remix) (1990)
12. king sun- fat tape (1989)
13. double j-double j'z tantrum (1991)
14. 45 king ft diamond d- double dare (2001)
15. apache - do fa self (1993)
16. cold crush brothers - heart breakers (dj mark the 45 king remix)
17. eric b and rakim-let the rhythm hit em mark (dj mark the 45 king remix) (1990)
18. peanut butter wolf ft rasco-run the line (dj mark the 45 king remix) (1999)
19. sugar ray & stranger d - knock em out (45 king remix) (1989)
20. chill rob g- wild pitch (original 12'' version) (1988)

jazford72@gmail.com

to get the link

One


















10 comments:

DL said...

Jaz,

Good looks on this 45 King stuff. Sorry I haven't been around more recently - the end of term is killing me.

I'll hit you by e-mail tomorrow.

Take it easy,

Dan

austin said...

Thanks for getting back to me so fast, Jaz. Again, excellent blog!

Olskool4real said...

Just checked it out and I must say it was refreshing to hear that 45 King sound, you know one can grow to appreciate the work you do at providing your insite on hip hop from the obscure perspective. There are many blogs but this is what yours unique!! I was hooked on one of my all time favorites the Markey Fresh jarn the King is here nothing tops that beat now that's raw. I always liked when he went raw he had some banging tracks.The Chill rob G Wild Pitch was another banger under the radar.And it's funny how Mark works well with the ladies hgh!! That Lyte joint exposes her vocals very well nice aint it? The Capri track aint bad either. Nice recollection here. Thanks again Jaz

Unknown said...

My pleasure and good looking on the comments and feedback.

Dart Adams said...

What? Even MORE 45 King heat? Dayum! You are doing the Lord's work here, sir.

Oh yeah, Poisonous Paragraphs is back!

One.

A.C. The Program Director *LBNF* KING said...

You are THE MAN for ish like this... I appreciate all of the blessings... What more can I say?

AC The PD
HiphopPhilosophy.com Radio

Travis said...

45 King was the shit for sure. Totally underreated. When you get a chance Jaz, toss a link in my inbox, I'd appreciate it.

Good lookin'

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that DJ Mark's sound was a perfect match for Queen Latifah's vocals. Raw & soulful at the same time.

Does anyone know - did he choose "45 King" as a nickname b/c he used a lot of 45's for samples? Or was it just a cool name?

ron art said...

word to big bird, this comp you put together is - as we said back in the day - "funky fresh". many many props.


-Ron, NYC

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaz,
thanks for the 45 King-Stuff and for your great blog. I'm desperately chasing for a Remix the 45 King did for Sade way back in 88 or 89. Once I found the 12" but mised to buy it and know I forgott the name of the tune. I'd appreciate any disocgraphy of the King.
Nice Regards from Germany
Toby

Update

Peace The JMS blog is officially closed and I won't be returning to it, it definitely had a good 11 years or so run but it just s...