Jaz's Maxell Fat Tape-Feb 2007











This is just a little compilation of dope joints from back in the days that I have been giving some burn lately and I thought I would share while thinking about the days that seem so ancient now.

Do you remember going to buy some blank tapes after school to tape a radio show or make a compilation?, you would tear off the wrapper, (teeth and/or hands or knives), place the tape in the player and BOOM...whatever minutes were on your tape was pretty much how representative of how long it took to make up a comp (often longer if there were nicks and skips on a record though...but then that would bring out the super editor in you ha ha)...

I feel really privileged to have todays technology at my fingertips and I can only imagine how much larger my collection would be if mp3s were around in the 80's.

At a guess you probably already have these, but if not then I hope you have discovered something you haven't heard before, many thanks to siderealist,nap3platez, crates of ag and all of the other blogs that are just goldmines of quality and much missed real hip hop.


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XY17FBYL


1-bee-why-g.a.t.s-1998
from the 12"

2-cover-underground flow (remix)-1995
from the 12"

3-3rd eye-reality-1997







4-king sun
-sippin brandy-1992
from the 12"

5-original flavor unit ft lakim shabazz & maceo parker-horns are horny-1990







6-pete rock & cl smooth
-the good life (group home remix)-1991







7-lord finesse
-i keep the crowd listening-1990







8-stezo
-freak the funk-1989







9-
original flavor-waitin 4 my break-1992








10-main one ft kurious and fat joe-
el gran combo-1995







11-spark 950 & timbo king
-hello, it's me-1993







12-finsta bundy ft maze-
keep me-1997
from the bazzoro presents ep


13-al tariq-nikki-1996 (cd only track)







14-king tee ft the alkaholiks
-got it bad y'all (calypso remix)-1992







15-craig g-
shootin the gift-1989








16-black rock n ron
-you can't do me none-1989







17-steady b-
on the real tip-1988







18-trendz of culture-
off & on (freestlyin mix-lord finesse)-1993







19-cenobites ft bobbito
-
kick a dope verse...(battered bay seal remix)-1997







20-sir fresh & dj critical-gimme what you got-1988

















5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A few I missed on this one. I love the amount of Kurious you post. Do you have any more Kurious rarities?

Unknown said...

I wish man, I am trying hard to track down his demo's but it's just not happening, I still hold out hope though.

Thanks for the comment, fatcaps...Kurious was so ill.

Perttu said...

The tape looks interesting. Especially that Kurious joint caught my eye.

I wish I could download, but Megaupload sucks donkey balls. Every time I try to download something from there, I get a message saying my "country's upload quota is full" and I shoul "try later" or "download their toolbar" (sounds like a potential piece of spyware). Such crap.

Anonymous said...

Yo Jaz, the blog is looking crazy nice thus far. Thanks for sharing these gems. I'm especially looking forward to the calypso mix of Got It Bad Y'all.

Unknown said...

why thank you mad tapes...good to hear from and see you on here.

peace God

Update

Peace The JMS blog is officially closed and I won't be returning to it, it definitely had a good 11 years or so run but it just s...